(urth) Inhumi in the whorl

Andrew Mason andrew.mason53 at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 11 05:35:04 PST 2011

David Stockhoff wrote:

>> They went somewhere; we don't know where.  If Wolfe wanted to tell us
>> where, he would have.
>>
> Just how I see it. Except the "dimension" is merely "like" Faerie, in
> that its inhabitants are never really completely gone, until the time
> comes that they really are gone.

The Neighbour looks towards the Western stars when he says this, which
suggests to me that he is thinking of an actual place you can travel
to by physical means.

That no one else in the series uses the term 'Neighbour Whorl' is not
too surprising from an in-story point of view; the people who would
use the term would be those of the Western continent, who say
'Neighbours', and have more to do with them, while most of the action
takes place on the Eastern continent, where they say 'Vanished
People'.

Still, the way it's said sounds a bit like a a clue to me. Is it
possible that they have gone to Lune? That's a neighbour whorl in a
very obvious sense.