(urth) Agia's Weapons

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 08:28:38 PST 2011

Gerry Quinn wrote:

> However, I suspect Wolfe does not exclude the possibility of a continuing
> Revelation – i.e. that in some future, Christ might also be superseded, or
> that the Trinity might expand beyond three persons, or that an alien
> equivalent of Christ be incarnated.  That is to say, I don’t think he would
> consider the doctrines of Rome to be set in stone for eternity.

Depends on which doctrines you mean. Those defined infallibly, are set
in stone for eternity. As for the rest ... well, the Church, on the
one hand, says that the time of public revelation ended with the
closing of Scripture, but allows for a kind of private revelation in
prayer; yet at the same time it allows for a kind of public revelation
_through the Church_, through the "development of doctrine" and the
teaching authority (_Magisterium_) of the Church.

It's complicated...

--
Dan'l Danehy-Oakes