(urth) Two Siyufs?

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 10:33:00 PST 2011

Larry Miller wrote:
> I was thinking the Latro books too.  Is Soldier of Sidon the last book
> in the series or will there be one more?

We may only hope, but I doubt there will be any more. If the books had
been more successful when the first two came out there would probably
have been several.

> Ive also put off reading the
> Wizard Knight because of the "Connecticut Yankee in King Arthurs
> Court" premise which seems too fantasy for my taste.  I always thought
> it was geared toward younger readers (which isnt a bad thing).  Is it
> on the same level as Wolfes other work as far as depth and complexity?

It's pretty deep and complex, but spells things out a little more.
There are all the usual Lupine tricks -- lacunae, misdirection, etc.
-- but on a level that can be handled by a YA reader.

It really isn't a "Connecticut Yankee" premise; it's taken much more
seriously than that.

--
Dan'l Danehy-Oakes