(urth) Gummed-Up Works or Got Lives?

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Fri Dec 16 11:31:12 PST 2011

Yes. Although Howard touched a bit on horror too, it was never the main
point, and Howard, Burroughs, and Fritz Lieber codified the s&s genre
(which was often enough swords VS sorcery) more than anyone.

Too bad Lovecraft never wrote about a lone swordsman---that would really
have been something. He'd have to be a madman who never gets close
enough to the creeping horror to kill it. Kind of like a detective who
is always too drunk to solve murders but somehow has an interesting
career nevertheless.