(urth) Gummed-Up Works or Got Lives?

Antonin Scriabin kierkegaurdian at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 06:57:04 PST 2011

Like António, I never actually got much of a s&s feel from *The Book of the
New Sun*.  Part of the reason might be that even from the beginning, one
gets a sense of the immense age of Urth.  I kind of wish I had read the
books without any pre-existing notions, since that might have been why I
left the first few chapters with a clear impression that the story was
far-future science fiction.  Darn dust jackets!