(urth) NPR Results

Lane Haygood lhaygood at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 09:47:04 PDT 2011

The Elric books (ANY Moorcock, for that matter) is in a different time zone than Goodkind's trash.

Moorcock was a very subversive counterculture figure in the 60s and 70s and his books reflect it. Elric was written as the Anti-Conan, a sickly intellectual who concerns himself too much with ethics and turns to violence and demonology only as a last resort. But they are adventure tales in the grand S&S fashion. Still, they defined the dark heroic fantasy genre.

I recommend all of the Eternal Champion books, actually.

Sent from my iPhone