(urth) Round 2 of NPR top 100 sci-fi books of all time

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 13:14:27 PDT 2011

Boy, that was surprisingly hard. I had to make a list and then cross
off till I had only 10 left, and I might have chosen a couple of
others on a different day.

I wound up voting for BotNS (of course), the Chronicles of Thomas
Covenant (it has its problems but it sparked a revolution in "heroic"
fantasy), Dhalgren (also of course), Doomsday Book, The Female Man,
Left Hand of Darkness, the Night's Dawn trilogy, Perdido Street
Station, and the Sandman.

On another day I might have picked Bridge of Birds, Canticle for
Liebowitz, or Lord of Light.

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 12:52 PM, Antonin Scriabin
<kierkegaurdian at gmail.com> wrote:
> Already have!  I have to say, some of the books on the list are pretty
> terrible, and shouldn't be considered for best of anything.  There are also
> some excellent candidates that are missing entirely from the list.  Oh well.
>
> Also, it looks like you can vote multiple times by simply reloading the
> page.  Not sure if all the votes count, but it seems like it.
>
> On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 3:48 PM, Jordon Flato <jordonflatourth at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Time to participate in the second round of selection folks.  There are
>> good choices on the list, and you can select 10.  Only 1 Wolfe that I
>> noticed (BotNS).  Go and vote!
>>
>> http://www.npr.org/2011/08/02/138894873/vote-for-top-100-science-fiction-fantasy-titles

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes