(urth) Drotte-Roche mixup

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Tue Apr 19 15:54:47 PDT 2011

Diabetes is perhaps a more likely disease than leprosy (and Betel was
fat), but it tends to strike the lower limbs before the hands. I suppose
if Rose had access to legs, no one would have known she had a problem at
all ... you'd think the hands would have been replaced much later, but
she was 40 when she lost one arm.

I suspect that Betel was diabetic but Rose had another condition.