(urth) "Realistic fiction leaves out too much." - Gene Wolfe

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Sat Apr 30 15:51:18 PDT 2011

It's disappointing to many readers of science fiction. I wonder if it's
disappointing to fans of college professor fiction?

I always thought of it as a response to Heinlein's lunar/stellar
imperium stories, which certainly needed one.

On 4/30/2011 3:30 PM, Gwern Branwen wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 12:56 PM, Jeff Wilson<jwilson at io.com>  wrote:
>> I've seen this part of the interview before, somehow...
> It's been quoted at least once before:
> http://www.urth.net/whorl/archives/v0012/0558.shtml
>
> It's a great quip and sums up a lot of people's impression of _The
> Dispossessed_ (at least, it did mine), so I suspect it's been alluded
> to or quoted before in other places.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 110430-1, 04/30/2011
Tested on: 4/30/2011 6:51:19 PM