(urth) Vodalus and Severian continued

Andrew Mason andrew.mason53 at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 29 06:07:46 PDT 2010

Jeff Wilson wrote:

>> I'd always assumed that Hildegrin was visiting the Garden of Endless
>> Sleep, while Severian and Agia were there, to look for another such
>> victim, suggesting it was quite a regular thing.
>
> Not to look for a victim/donor, thought it might be a place to stash a
> recently deceased known sympathizer, in a pickle-barrel sort of way.

That's another possibility, certainly. It still supports the thought
it's a quite a regular thing. anyway.

> I'm a bit skeptical that the bog would keep the memories intact for very
> long, but if they survive being roasted they ought to survive the bog.

I'd assume they would be taken out fairly quickly, just as those
retrieved from the necropolis are, I think, 'resurrected' soon after
their burial. This, by the way, would rather suggest he's _not_
looking for Dorcas.