(urth) note Re: Short Sun blog

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 28 05:29:30 PDT 2010

>Jeff Wilson-  Typhon's resurrection by Severian is not reasonably believable as a
> biological process, and I certainly did not casually accept it as one.

I find this to be a puzzling sentiment. Surely it doesn't imply that Typhon is not a
living being. It could imply the process is outside our current scientific capabilities
but we already knew that.

Does it mean there is some magic or divine power present in BotNS which somehow bypasses
the role of cells, proteins, DNA and goes directly to some mystical life essence? I don't
find this to be in the spirit of BotNS or SF in general.

(even Tzadkiel's finger transformation gets compared to sponge cellular action)