(urth) note Re: Short Sun blog

Nicholas Jost nickjost at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 27 13:50:51 PDT 2010

Nicholas Jost wrote:

>> Why is it always assumed that Severian brought him back?  There
>> is none of the mythic special effects around his contact with Typhon.
>> However, there is a blood sacrifice and associated special effects
>> when Little Sev dies.  On my reading I always assumed that the
>> "magic" ring sucked down Little Sev's soul and used it to power
>> the monster Typhon.  Its not like we don't have soul sucking
>> monsters in these stories with meta-physic complications
>> running around.  Little Sev dies and Typhoon rises.  The
>> dragon done ate 'im.

> Typhon had been revived before Little Sev died. That's how he knew Sev had
> the Claw. He said he was watching when Sev tried to use it to bring back the
> boy.
>
> -Roy

Assuming Typhoon isn't lying through his teeth, how does that effect my theory?
Since:
Lil' Sev dies and then Big Sev tries to resurrect?  If Typhoon is brought back
via the

sacrifice and has access to a good old fashioned security camera his story pans
out.  I'm

not finding a temporal issue here.

Nicholas Jost