(urth) Where Judas lost his boots

António Marques entonio at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 18:54:43 PDT 2010

On 14 October 2010 19:19, Lee Berman <severiansola at hotmail.com> wrote:
>>Antonio P. Marques- Incanto (I think) calls Jahlee 'Judastree' in Sinew's village.

'while in', I meant.

> Hm..I admit you've lost me. Cercis siliquastrum is a small tree found in the Middle
> East and S. Europe. I assume it got its name from Mr. Iscariot's place of suicide.

Folk lore says it was a fig tree. The english "Judas tree" may be a
misconstruction of the latin/romance for "Judea's tree".

> Possible to get help in explaining how it relates to Jahlee or boots?

Oh, the boots thing is just one portuguese expression for 'a place far
away nobody wants to have to go to from here'.

> Related to Horn calling "#%&#@#@" as Seawrack?
>
> Now me, after reading BotNS would call Jahlee as "Jahi" or maybe Lilith.

I don't get Incanto's mistrust of Jahlee at that specific point, but
the relevant part is the use of the name 'Judas' in the Whorl's
universe. Conjoined 'Judastree' may be evidence that he knew not what
the components meant, but the idea of treason seems to be is there.
Either way, if it wasn't there by Horn's time, it was there at some
earlier point.