(urth) Who's Right?

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 30 20:58:34 PST 2010

In recent posts as diverse as Gerry Quinn's, Mark Millman's and Thomas Bitterman's, as well as
many times in the past, I've noticed the implication that this message board might not serve simply
as a place for sharing ideas.

I am wondering how many here at least partially consider their role here to be serving as a jury member,
with a duty to render judgement or cast a vote on whether a presented idea is too outlandish or
over-interpreted or perhaps actually worthy of entry in the Accepted Lupine Gospel (or whatever it was
that Roy C. Lackey called it).

Except for a few slips in certain interviews, we know Gene Wolfe ain't talking. So is it a legitimate
function of this board to serve as a review panel? Perhaps even with some measure of authority? Just
curious what people think about this.