(urth) Orchid

Andrew Mason andrew.mason53 at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 30 12:20:38 PST 2010

More from my reading of BOTLS.

First just a titbit, showing how nicely Wolfe interweaves things;
while Silk is at Blood's house, he hears a band playing 'Brave Guards
of the Third Brigade'. Much later, we discover that Oosik. commanding
officer of the Third Brigade, was at that party; the piece was
presumably being played in in his honour.

But my actual question is this. Kypris tells Orchid that now the
person she loved (Orpine) is dead, she must find someone else to love.
Does anything ever come of this? I can't recall it doing so, but it
sounds as if it's meant to prefigure something.