(urth) Dionysus

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 11:49:57 PST 2010

> Lee Berman-
> However another Greek god, also succored by Thetis, might be important enough (James does mention this god and I wondered why..), that being Dionysus.

Dionysus is an important god in Greek mythology but he is missing from
the Whorl pantheon. I argue that the name "inhume" is associated with
the Dionysus.
http://urth.org/whorlmap/quetzal
Also, inhumi are associated with the vines on Blue somehow. And Dionysus
is the god of the vine.

Of course, _I_ argue that Quetzal carries the soul of Tussah and Tussah
is cloned from Typhon.

Incidentally, Thetis is my favorite Greek god. She's the Godfather of
Greek mythology. She has a way of offering aid to powerful figures at
crucial moments. And then, at some point,  she always seeks payment for
the favor.

> Hound is told a confusing story suggesting that the Outsider is both father to and son
> of Pas. This also seems to parallel the relationship between Zeus and Dionysus.

FWIW I posit that Silk is the Fish or Frog (probably Fish). And the only
way I can justify the implied associations between Silk and Pas is that
Fish was a clone of Typhon. I want Horn to be a clone of Typhon as well.
But I'm no longer sure I can argue that from the text.

u+16b9