(urth) Mucor and the devils

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Tue Nov 30 21:54:15 PST 2010

On 11/27/2010 1:25 PM, Gerry Quinn wrote:
> Devils are not vampires. They don't suck blood. They may I suppose
> disguise themselves as people, but they are more commonly known for
> possession - which is also Mucor's best-known trick.

There's a continuum - plenty of fearsome spirits accept blood when
offered and some seek it out.

>> Moreover, the similarities between Inhumi and the Shadow Children from
>> 5HoC suggest to
>> me that these sort of creatures were on Wolfe's mind before and after
>> writing BotNS and
>> thus by inference, during.
>
> What similarites? The Shadow Children are humans! And they don't suck
> blood or take the shapes of others. The aborigines take on human shape,
> but they don't suck blood.

The Shadow Children are fairly bitey. We don't know *what* is involved
with abo shape changing, if any, because IIRC there are no accounts of
it being witnessed. "Shape-shifed abos" could just as easily be people
suffering impaired motor skills from brain lesions inflicted on them by
something in the Shadow Children's saliva.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
< http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >