(urth) Wind god

Sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org Sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org
Fri Nov 5 07:00:20 PDT 2010

On Nov 5, 2010, at 5:57 AM, Lee Berman <severiansola at hotmail.com> wrote:

>> or that the Conciliator is a composite figure made up of various people, of whom Jesus is, perhaps, the
>> first, and Severian the last.
>
> This doesn't work for me, especially since my understanding of the sub-textual story of BotNS requires that
> this world/universe never had a Jesus. But this touches on many previous debates on whether Urth is Earth,
> which is past which is future etc.

I REALLY don't want to start the whole debate over about Sev-Christ, really, I don't.

But I just noticed thid great bit in CLAW, Dorcas says, " To me you're Life, and you're a young man named Severian, and if you wanted to put on different clothes and become a carpenter or a fisherman, no one could stop you."

"Carpenter" "Fisherman"  hmmm......

Just pointing that bit out, not trying to prove anyone wrong.

~witz