(urth) Query

Jerry Friedman jerry_friedman at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 5 14:42:06 PST 2010

--- On Fri, 3/5/10, James Wynn <crushtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I really can't see Bill Reis as
> a good villain at all.
> > For much of the novel he's not causing or threatening
> > any harm.  Unless I'm missing something.
>
> There's one thing, unsaid, that I picked up emphatically
> from Wolfe's
> panels last September: He is extremely happy with AEG.
> Cassie is one
> of his favorite protagonists EVER and Reis is a prime
> example of what
> Wolfe thinks a villain should be. When I brought AEG to him
> to sign
> and asked him some questions about it, he lit up like a
> candle.
>
> I am quite certain we are missing a great deal about Reis,
> Cassie, and
> AEG. I would not mind seeing more stories to flesh out that
> world.

Very interesting.

I guess Reis does cause Cassie harm by making her fall in
love with him, which indirectly leads to very unpleasant
consequences for her, including what may be a wasted trip
to Woldercam.  However, that doesn't seem like enough, and
I agree in hoping we find out or figure out more.

Jerry Friedman