(urth) Corundum of the Claw

Sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org Sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org
Thu Jun 24 13:57:06 PDT 2010

Ha!
Allright, but all this Sev/Christ biz aside, you've got to appreciate how badass this scene is. At the moment he is fully his own man, he has to dispose of the fragments of this Myth and take up the Reality that the Myth has indicated.  It's one of the most profound moments for the Conciliator, and as usual, Severian is clueless of it's significance.  Wolfe has given us such a tasty symbol in this crystalized myth.

~witz