(urth) Is Agia a Robot?

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Sun Jun 20 01:31:06 PDT 2010

On 6/20/2010 3:00 AM, Gerry Quinn wrote:

> From: "Roy C. Lackey" <rclackey at stic.net>
>
>> And I see no real connection between Agia and Hethor's lost sex doll.
>
> I doubt it too, but Hethor's description of 'sun-kissed skin' is
> interesting, because Agia seems often to be described in terms of light
> falling on her skin.

Perhaps Agilus and Agia are the remnants of a race or a bloodline of
sexdoll-people, engender for that purpose and of similar origin as the
mastiff-men and the cat women. They look alike because they are not just
twins but made to be fertile only among their cohort and giving birth to
clones of themselves meant to eventually replace them. This would
explain why their incest is "acceptable" and thus not cursed with
defects from hidden recessives (because they don't come with recessives)
but the sin of their creation is visited upon them.

This also explains why Hethor falls for Agia; she greatly resembles his
doll because their creators had similar opinions on what made a most
desirable woman, long term. (Dr Talos has more radical preferences for
Jolenta, no doubt contributing to her unsustainability.)

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
IEEE Student Chapter Blog at
< http://ieeetamut.org >