(urth) Is Agia a robot?

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Sat Jun 19 08:14:26 PDT 2010

Good points. First, she's not proposed to be a "bot" in any usual sense,
aside from having a metal head. And Agilus can lie, or maybe he doesn't
even know what she is.

Second, she may have something to hide, vs having modesty, although
modesty could just as well be "programmed." For all I know, she has a penis.

Third, you are exactly right about Agia's character. Severian is a
torturer; I propose that Agia is an assassin; Brunians proposes that she
is a whore. His theory works better in some ways than mine.

Fourth, the aureole is not of hair, but that's an interesting
observation. More importantly, it covers the pair, not Agia. The two
together are more than either of them individually.