(urth) Wall of Nessus

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Thu Jun 10 02:31:28 PDT 2010

On 6/10/2010 4:05 AM, Roy C. Lackey wrote:
> Josh Caswell wrote:
>> I wonder if anything can be taken from what we see with Baldanders
>> (separate and together with) and the other giants of the sea.  Perhaps it
> is
>> an issue of growth, both of size and power; the walls may have once been
>> thought to have been enough or maybe it was known that they were only a
>> minor or more correctly temporary dissuasion to those from the sea.
>
> I had the same thought.<g>
>
> And an afterthought: Those long sections of the Wall down south, where there
> are no Ascians, makes more sense if the Wall was originally intended to
> thwart another foe, perhaps one that came from the seas to either side of
> the continent.

The Wall may have been built to hold back the sea itself; the gate
tunnels are easily sealed and presumably big, heavy slabs concealed
inside can be driven deep into the river's bed to close the river
ingress and egress against the deep water pressure.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
IEEE Student Chapter Blog at
< http://ieeetamut.org >