(urth) Wall of Nessus

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 05:58:41 PDT 2010

On 6/13/2010 9:07 PM, Lee Berman wrote:
> If the Ascians are the Abaia-inspired threat from the north, the
> pale warriors of Erebus would be the likely threat from the south,
> necessitating complete enclosure.

"I asked who they are, Sieur. I know they're our enemies, that they live
to the
north in the hot countries, and that they're said to be enslaved by
Erebus. But
who are they?" CITADEL OF THE AUTARCH (CHAP XXV)

Although the Ascians come from the North and Erebus is based in
Antarctica, they are actually the minions of Erebus.
Their name means "casting no shadow". They cast no shadow NOT because
they are from the Equator (which they are not, or at least not
entirely), but because they are from Erebus, whose name comes from the
Greek elemental Titan who was "The Darkness of the Underworld".

J.