(urth) Rudesind / Inire / Lunar Picture

Ryan Dunn ryan at liftingfaces.com
Tue Jul 27 08:34:17 PDT 2010

No, the two Severians seems fairly obvious to me. In the Atrium of Time, he overlaps himself in two times, from what I gathered. Here is what Severian as Autarch asks of Rudesind...

"We only want to say that if a young man with an errand comes past again while you are on your ladder, you are to send him to Master Ultan. That is our order."

It sort of means the story we've been told/sold is non-linear, and that the Severian at the end of Citadel exists before the Severian at the beginning of Shadow, no?

...ryan