(urth) Inire as a hierodule

John Watkins john.watkins04 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 11:12:16 PDT 2010

2010/7/7 António Pedro Marques <entonio at gmail.com>

> John Watkins wrote (07-07-2010 19:00):
>

> Yeah, that's the first thought, but then there's little way you can spread
> some 20 years over a millennium and still be all that pervasive. I mean, he
> must spend time with people!

It certainly is far from a perfect explanation.

> But we're supposed
>> to understand that he's a hierodule.
>>

> Why not some other kind of being?

I'm eager to consider any kind of being that there is textual evidence for.
He himself refers to his own kind in his letter, though, doesn't he?  So
unless he's lying, or there's some more direct set of information to rely
on, what kind of being other than humans has Severian encountered?