(urth) Appearances of Inire

John Watkins john.watkins04 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 05:40:00 PDT 2010

Well, I didn't want to get into various schools of angelology in Christian
and Gnostic thought.  Obvious there must be *some *possible separation
between angelic will and divine will, or fallen angels wouldn't have been
possible.  It's my understanding that there are various interpretations of
what this means even in our world, and in a consciously created myth it
could mean anything (Tolkien's Valar, for instance, are not in constant
communication with Illuvatar or anything like it and they make various
errors of judgment.  I don't think, however, that they ever lie or commit
acts of intentional evil, except for of course Melkor and arguably Aule on
one occasion).