(urth) Not a film version but ...

António Pedro Marques entonio at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 07:26:49 PDT 2010

Pedro Pereira wrote (29-07-2010 13:31):
> (...) That's the beauty of Wolfe. The books can be read at face value
> like any other "fantasy" books and it works. It would be extremely
> difficult to capture the "second level" reading nature of Wolfe in movie
> format and I honestly don't think it is needed to be a good desirable
> project. (...)

I don't even know that it would be very difficult. Just put the thing into
moving pictures. Of course, a lot of detail would have to be left aside, but
as long as a faithful rendering were done, afaic the books would be
'captured' into the movie. Of course, to really understand it all, one would
have to go read the books and the kilometers of exegesis that have been
written, but that's simply starting a step below the usual. If there is
anything that I think could work on movies or comics that's Wolfe - simply
because you *always* have a lot of investigation you can do.

Of course, no 'creative' producers, please. Which probably means it can't be
done. Also the incest thing would have to be toned down if there were any
hopes of actually screening it.