(urth) Universes inside a black hole

Steven Bowen McQuaryq at Comcast.net
Wed Jul 28 22:11:59 PDT 2010

On Jul 26, 2010, at 6:25 PM, James Wynn wrote:

> Well, for all I know, there are Mormons on the list who have very
> insightful knowledge about Wolfe's writings. So, if I had anything
> personally bad to say about their beliefs, I'll keep it quiet. All
> of those I've met (which is hardly expansive) were fine effing
> Americans, and a couple were Wolfe fans, and 99% of the time that's
> good enough for me.

Well, I'm glad to see that distinction made - certainly didn't want
to imply that I thought the LDS reader deficient in some manner
relating to their ability to contribute here.  I only wanted to
challenge the idea that they have some real esoteric knowledge of the
ultimate nature of reality.  It's my contention they don't, and I'm
skeptical of other claims to 'secret knowledge'.  I don't have a
special condemnation of the Mormons except for the fact that my
father's family were pushcart pioneers.

My yap is shut.

Steve