(urth) Rudesind/Inire/Lunar Picture

Ryan Dunn ryan at liftingfaces.com
Tue Jul 27 10:30:06 PDT 2010

On Jul 27, 2010, at 1:09 PM, John Watkins wrote:

> Actually, thanks.
>
> Rudesind delivers a message for Inire and Severian I think says that Inire is Rudesind's master.  So there's good reason to believe that, at least.
>
> Inire makes clever devices with mirrors which can be used to travel through space and maybe outside the universe.  It's a bit of a leap to call him a "time traveller," but not much--the mirrors could be used that way and if Inire's a hierodul then he might be a time traveller in the sense that F, B, and O are--i.e., living backwards (like Merlin) and maybe "skipping" big chunks of time.
>
> I see no reason to accept as a premise the idea that Inire is capable of Sev-as-White-Fountain walks in the Corridors of Time.
> On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 1:04 PM, Dan'l Danehy-Oakes <danldo at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 10:02 AM, Ryan Dunn <ryan at liftingfaces.com> wrote:
>
> > Rudesind's master is Inire, and Inire is a time traveler.
>
> I see two assertions here with no particular textual support for either.
>
> I'm just sayin'.

MORE PROOF INIRE IS RUDESIND'S MASTER:

"The old Autarch told us you were his sentinel in the House Absolute, and now we know you're a servant of Father Inire's."
"I am," the old man said. "I have that honor, and it's his letter I carry."

.

Is this obviously  still a question, Dan'l? I thought this was accepted as truth. I could have missed something however.

...ryan