(urth) Rudesind/Inire/Lunar Picture

John Watkins john.watkins04 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 10:09:59 PDT 2010

Actually, thanks.

Rudesind delivers a message for Inire and Severian I think says that Inire
is Rudesind's master.  So there's good reason to believe that, at least.

Inire makes clever devices with mirrors which can be used to travel through
space and maybe outside the universe.  It's a bit of a leap to call him a
"time traveller," but not much--the mirrors could be used that way and if
Inire's a hierodul then he might be a time traveller in the sense that F, B,
and O are--i.e., living backwards (like Merlin) and maybe "skipping" big
chunks of time.

I see no reason to accept as a premise the idea that Inire is capable of
Sev-as-White-Fountain walks in the Corridors of Time.