(urth) Rudesind / Inire / Lunar Picture

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 27 05:05:37 PDT 2010

>Edward Cotton- The use of “your blue Urth” makes me strongly believe Rudesind
>is a Cacogen and possibly Inire.

Well, I don't know that there is any way to prove such a thing, certainly not to
those who don't like the idea. But it is interesting that different paths can arrive
at the same destination. My own starting point to it was observing Rudesind as being
old, bent and resembling a monkey.

(I had noticed all the JW's also. Funny. I think Wolfe has a son named Roy but I don't
know if his other son's name starts with J)

Anyway, reminds me of a similar dual path to Agia and Agilus being Severian's cousins.
For Borski it was their twin status and the aureate imagery Wolfe gives them and other
family members of Severian. He (weirdly) thinks their mother is the jailed woman who
makes furniture from children.

For me it was the incest between Agia and Agilus that steered me in the direction and
identification of a better possible mother/aunt to link them to Severian. That aunt
being Cyriaca, the dark-haired, oval-faced, failed Pelerine who could be a sister (in
some manner) to Catherine. If her goal, after escape from Thrax, is to survive by cooking
and sewing in Nessus, it may be that she is unaware her son is dead and her daughter
has closed up the used garment shop she bequeathed them.