(urth) Patera Inire

António Pedro Marques entonio at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 06:02:05 PDT 2010

David Stockhoff wrote (19-07-2010 12:44):
> Does Inire ever do anything without being commanded so by the Autarch?

This question ties in with something that's been bothering me, namely the
notion that Inire is a very important character that mandates everything.

I think the problem people are having in determining Inire's intentions is
that he as none. I don't see evidence that Inire has any purpose of his own.
All I see him doing is upholding the Autarchy, as if he had been assigned
that singleminded task. His letter to Severian reminds me of what AIs in SF
reply when their master asks them to give a report of the situation and the
options available.