(urth) Tzadkiel/Melek Taus

António Pedro Marques entonio at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 18:26:55 PDT 2010

Mr Thalassocrat wrote (10-07-2010 00:38):

> 2010/7/10 António Pedro Marques entonio at gmail.com
> <mailto:entonio at gmail.com>
>

>     I'm not sure that's what you're getting at, but I've asked some days
>     ago, if Tzadkiel is evil, where are the *good* people opposing the
>     new sun, since the ones that seem to oppose it don't compare
>     favourably with the ones serving it. That to me is the chief problem
>     with the Tzadkiel-is-evil idea.
>
> The sailors who witness Sev's "trial" almost unanimously choose to
> oppose the new sun. (The only one who doesn't is poor Gunnie, who seems
> fated to always be a traitor, in both younger and older guises.) They
> either die or have their memories wiped for this.
> I don't think it's too glib to note here that "matyr" means "witness".

Yes, I had originally said something about excepting those who were simply
fighting for their lives (only in the crucial moment, I add). But either way
you have a point. Though I was hoping for a more widespread presence.
Kind of like, with all the evil in the Whorl, someone like Silk is genuinely
good - but then Silk is only one person, even though he seems to have honest
followers.