(urth) Appearances of Inire

António Pedro Marques entonio at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 12:22:19 PDT 2010

Gerry Quinn wrote:

>     2010/7/1 António Pedro Marques <entonio at gmail.com>
>
>     Keeping option 3 doesn't mean that the acts of Tzadkiel need no
>     atoning for, it just means they're done with the best of intentions
>     and knowledge. We have a saying here, 'Of [people with] good
>     intentions is Hell full'.
>
> A common saying in English is "the road to Hell is paved with good
> intentions".

I think the reason I seldom remember the english proverb is that it evokes
in me the image of a single soul's gradual descending path into damnation. I
might remember it if I were going after that image. The portuguese one
rather suggests a lot of people with good intentions rather than a single
person with a lot of good intentions.

A fabulous thing, intentions.