(urth) Urth Digest, Vol 76, Issue 82

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 09:28:22 PST 2010

> >James Wynn: I mean, I might have just been lucky in picking my
> interpretation.
> >However, it brings to mind Lee's young woman/crone picture analogy.
> >Or, Stephen King's ink blot/picture of Jesus analogy in "The Shining".
> >When I read it, I said "Oh, Pike, Blood, Rose of Sharon."
> Jerry Friedman-
> Would you mind making the connection for me among those three
> disparate nouns?  (Not the
> connection among the characters.)  Or point me to someplace in the
> archives?

The spear that pierced Christ's side. What can I say? That's just the
way I'm wired, I guess. I even thought the reference was obvious when I
wrote it this morning. Clearly, I'm a little crazy, but sometimes it
works. It gives me an appreciation for Wolfe's problem with getting his
clues across.

u+16b9