(urth) Dionysus

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 6 12:43:58 PST 2010

>Roy C. Lackey: If the entity who represented all humans was a Neighbor, not a human, then he was not a true
>representative of the human race and was not qualified to speak on its behalf.

Since that entity had Horn's body and memories mustn't we define him, within James' theory, as part-human
part-Neighbor?

I think there is a long tradition of legends and folk heroes who were able to reconcile conflict between
two races or between man and God(s) by possessing essence from both sides. We could go from Jesus to Mowgli
to Hercules to Tarzan to Obama (heh). Hey anybody see that movie Avatar?

I have been cheeky enough to suggest that Severian might have some alien/god ancestry. If true would it make
him a better or worse candidate for Conciliator?