(urth) On Jesus in Briah and other dead horses

Son of Witz Sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org
Wed Dec 29 22:55:29 PST 2010

On Dec 29, 2010, at 6:06 PM, James Wynn <crushtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, I'm not inclined to squint at the stories to see if they are theologically correct,  but I did take a stab at this here:
> http://lists.urth.net/pipermail/urth-urth.net/2010-December/019620.html
>
> In short, I would say, in the construct I've offered above, that St Catherine is a myth. Naming people after saints is equivalent to naming your child Thor or Freya. You could no more go back in Time and meet Jesus than you could go back in Time and meet Cinderella. The same with Jesus.
> u+16b9

We're asking, "How does the essence of the myth come through?" It is NOT just the name, it is the same story.

If there is a metaphysical TRUTH in a myth, perhaps this truth is an archetypal base for the instantiated story. At a one level, we have a deluge and the legends it inspired. On another, we have the idea of a healing aspect of God that enters physical time and flesh that instantiates In different avatars.

So, as you, Wynn, lay out, there might be all these clear echoes of christ in a christ-less creation because he existed in another creation.  That's fair enough to suggest. What I, and I think Jordon feel is that this above mentioned healing aspect of God a force is TRUER than the myths it inspired.  Thus any creation or emmanation of God's would have the potential to manifest a saviour that carried similar messages.