(urth) Losing Imitation

Gerry Quinn gerryq at indigo.ie
Wed Dec 29 14:19:33 PST 2010

From: "Lee Berman" <severiansola at hotmail.com>

> Shadow Children, like Inhumi, dream travel. Why do they do it? To lure
> prey to their planetary
> system.

I don't remember them dream travelling.  And they certainly did not lure
humans to their system - quite the opposite. (I'm ignoring for the purposes
of this point that the Shadow Children are human.)  The abos don't dream
travel like Silk etc. either, although the twin brothers enter each others'
mind in dreams.  And there is no evidence that they lured prey, or preyed on
humans to any significant extent.

> Why do Inhumi dream-travel? We don't really know. But we have the Whorl
> delivering prey
> to the Inhumi planetary system.
>
> (when the question comes up of why the Whorl was sent to Blue/Green all
> I've ever seen are shrugs)

Isn't it obvious?  There are habitable planets there.  Presumably they have
suitable atmospheric chemical signatures, as determined by spectroscopy.

> When you say the inhumi "really are human" in dream travel, what does that
> mean? That they show
> the human form of someone they have bitten? I can't really understand any
> other meaning. These
> things are really vampires or reptiles or vines or white worms.

Their spirits are human.  They see that as their true identity.

> By analogy I must guess that the Shadow Children appear human to those
> humans they contacted via
> dreams.

Which humans are those?

> Perhaps it is redundant to note that both the locals from Ste. Anne and
> the locals from
> Green are pretty bad at using tools.

Some species are technological, some aren't.

- Gerry Quinn