(urth) interview questions

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 26 03:37:25 PST 2010

>James Wynn:  It's worth noting that this list was at the time of that interview
>in heated debate over Marc's theories about Blushas or Grushas. Marc had posted on
>a communication he had had.

As Roy so nicely pointed out, the quote I posted was from James Jordan portion of the
triumvirate, not poor Nick who was perhaps unfairly blasted, heh heh. Might not matter
so much to the departed, but I think I did see Nick post here recently? Also, in James
Jordan's defense, his question qualifiers make it clear he knows he is overstepping the
"boundaries" with his question. JJ also was a significant contributor here at the time
and I think James Wynn's suggestion that he was acting as proxy for the whole of this
List is a good one.

Now what Roy misses in his astronomic analysis is that the water from Ushas would have been
transported to Lune as the Inhumi flew over there, transforming it to Blue. All that water
would increase its diameter and gravity and.....

Heh, just kidding. I know Roy's analysis was meant purely as reductio ad absurdum. My
recurring point is that Marc is a very intelligent, Wolfe-familiar sort of guy. His theory
is compelling enough to generate long-term discussion and generate JJ's interview question.
If it has that sort of impact it shouldn't be simply dismissed.  The proper process is not to
consider it an enemy to be vanquished, etc. but as the insight of a valued member here and
worth finding ways in which it COULD work.

I'll give it a shot. The Cumaean says she is making a psychic connection to a guy on a Fomalhaut,
the Fish's MOuth, planet. There is dream travel between Blue and Urth facilitated by vampires
from Green. There are big sea monster/gods in the oceans of Blue and Urth. Seems like a possible
basis for a connection of all these planets to me.

Consider the words of Duko Rigoglio:

>"Nessus is our city...A city larger than the whorl on which it stands...A
>whorl, any whorl, is only flat...we beheld Nessus, the undying city.  But we
>did not see Nessus...There were many buildings there, countless houses of
>one and two and three and even four stories, and countless towers of twenty
>and thirty and three hundred.  Of three thousand.  Do you grasp it?  Why, no
>one ever succeeded in counting the towers in the Citadel alone....one could
>have walked all around the Citadel in three days, or four...It was only a
>small area, really so small that people from distant parts of the city, of
>which there were many thousands, actually doubted that it existed at all.
> Then underneath all our buildings were cellars and sub-cellars, dungeons
>and caverns and tunnels without end."

I think the answer is here. It isn't that Green=Urth. It's that Nessus extends past the boundaries
of Urth through "psychic" connections all the way to Green. The top of Valeria's tower can't be
found on Urth. Where is it? Another time, surely. But perhaps also another place.

Urth has been corrupted by aliens who mate with humans. That much is clear to me. We know what happens
to Inhumi when they dream-travel to Urth. They become human. They want to mate with humans. And now we
have the possibility of an independent way for them to have made the journey.