(urth) Fish and Caves

Roy C. Lackey rclackey at stic.net
Thu Dec 23 23:26:16 PST 2010

Gerry Quinn wrote:

>With regard to the star, the main point is that - at least according to
Silk/Horn - you can see it as a dim red point in the  night sky of Blue.
Therefore (if he is telling the truth) it is not the sun of Green and Blue,
but a far distant star.<

Of course. I pointed out all this stuff you and others are bringing up years
ago -- to no avail. FWIW, here is a similar quote from Silkhorn when he was
near Blanko:

"...[t]he Outsider, the god who brought our race into being on some
unthinkable short-sun whorl circling one of the myriad stars that I have
been staring at..." (IGJ, 273)

BTW, by no stretch of imagination did Pas bring the human race into being,
therefore Pas is not the Outsider. There is another passage where Silkhorn
mentions that no doubt the Outsider had created the Neighbors from the dust
of Blue, just as he had created humans from the dust of the Short Sun Whorl
(the latter according to the Chrasmologic Writings), and the two whorls were
not identical. (IGJ, 349)

-Roy