(urth) fish eating mamelta

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 21 18:18:32 PST 2010

>Marc Aramini- I DON"T WANT TO LEAVE THAT FISH ON A SYMBOLIC LEVEL.

Perhaps I am being too simplistic and naive but the answer that lies between the
superficial text and deeper symbolism seems too easy a puzzle, especially given
your theory, Marc.

We are told that the Whorl gods attempted to preserve themselves by possessing
animals. The big nasty fish is in Scylla's lake (and doesn't at all seem like any
simple Christ pun/symbol). Scylla is, after all, essentially an aquatic monster.

If Mamelta is in any way associated with Kypris, it seems no mystery at all why a
monstrous fish possessed by Scylla would want to chase her down and eat her. It is
just the same as Scylla and Echidna in mainframe hunting down Daddy's Mistress, but
in the real world...erm... whorl.