(urth) the voice of the outsider is the conjunction ofpas/kypris

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 21 12:41:23 PST 2010

All right Gerry.  But it you have to admit it outright SAYS in the text she is.  And it says Pas "wants an heir" that is worthy, that's the whole underlying struggle in mainframe.  The Whorl is ready for Silk because Pas has set it up that way for his heir.

I didn't just fabricate that association between Kypris and Mamelta and Mother, you know. We know Kypris possesses Hyacinth because she reminds her of herself.  And Mamelta has the same hair as Hy, is one of the only females with blue eyes which are rare in Viron, and Kypris has them too.  If this isn't enough inference for you, and is just symbolic assocation of all women, then I don't think any close readings will quite convince you.  Are you sure Eleanor Bold is Mrs. Porter, and that tree was planted on dead people?  Now that I look at Peace, that just seems like a bunch of random facts.  Nothing to em.

If Wolfe said this any more clearly it wouldn't be a mystery at all, in my opinion. We should leave those dreams alone, I guess.

I don't know what else to say, I've provided my evidence, and in addition there is a creepy quality to Silk looking up Mamelta's loins that is slightly redeemed by her being his mother.  Why she is on the whorl I really can't say, and this is a valid area for exploration, and in my mind the only argument against her being Kypris, since I believe it is not beyond Typhon's powers to partially or completely affect the minds of the sleepers he places on board.

Marc