(urth) Orchid

Gerry Quinn gerryq at indigo.ie
Tue Dec 21 07:47:26 PST 2010

From: "António Marques" <entonio at gmail.com>

> On 12 December 2010 18:03, Gerry Quinn <gerryq at indigo.ie> wrote:
>> From: "Andrew Mason" <andrew.mason53 at googlemail.com>
>>> Meanwhile, though, another Orchid-related question. Silk says 'All the
>>> gods know that I pitied her [at Orpine's funeral]' and Kypris/Chenille
>>> replies 'All the gods don't know. One does. Two.' The one is clearly
>>> Kypris herself, but who is the other?
>>
>> I thought she meant the Outsider.
>
> Do the 'fake' gods ever mention the Outsider?
> Otoh it certainly looks like she's saying something - but what does it
> advance the story if she's, f.i., refering to Pas?

He seems to be in the Chrasmological Writings, but I haven't heard of any
incidences of them mentioning him apart from this.  But we don't get all
that much face time with them anyway, or reasons why the Outsider might be
discussed.

As I noted in another post, Kypris is being hunted by Echidna and the gang.
It may be that the Outsider's association with the broken and the disparaged
resonates with her at this time.

- Gerry Quinn