(urth) (no subject)

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 14:56:37 PST 2010

>     2) I'm of Jewish descent, and if I were a practicing Jew (rather than
>     a rather poorly practicing Catholic) I would take strong offense at
>     your characterization of the Torah. That is a Christian's view of the
>     Torah, but not a Jew's.
>

> Not since the end of the Second Temple, certainly.  Point taken.

I took Matthew's post to be speaking from the POV of a Christian
theology to the exclusion of others.
Albeit, it must be admitted that his characterization was originally
defined by Jews who happened to believe that Jesus was the Jewish
promised savior.

And, as I was instructed by an Orthodox Jew, modern Judaism was born in
the 2nd century to continue Jewish traditions in absence of a Temple and
in conscious response to Christians.

u+16b9