(urth) (no subject)

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 15 04:14:29 PST 2010

>Lee Berman- But The Green Man is a significant alternate name for the pagan horned god, Great God Pan,
>etc. Is Wolfe suggesting this is the ultimate and true, unified god of Briah?

>Matthew Weber- I really can't see how the text is suggesting such a thing any more than it's suggesting
>that Jonas is the ultimate and true, unified god of Briah. Happy to reconsider if I'm missing something,
>of course.

What I mean is that after the massive plot contortions and planetary upheavals, at the end of the story on
Ushas we are not left with much of anything that suggests a Christian outcome. No monotheism, no Savior.
Instead we have 4 gods derived from human sources, two male, two female, two light, two dark. Plus a demon
in the ocean. And a pagan symbol (Green Man) as the marker for this particular future.