(urth) (no subject)

Matthew Weber palaeologos at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 19:52:55 PST 2010

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 6:07 PM, Lee Berman <severiansola at hotmail.com>wrote:

> I lean in this interpretive direction also. But The Green Man is a
> significant alternate name for the pagan
> horned god, Great God Pan, etc. Is Wolfe suggesting this is the ultimate
> and true, unified god of Briah? Or
> of all universes, including ours?

I really can't see how the text is suggesting such a thing any more than
it's suggesting that Jonas is the ultimate and true, unified god of Briah.
 Happy to reconsider if I'm missing something, of course.

--
Matt +

The contact with manners then is education; and this Thucydides appears to
assert when he says history is philosophy learned from examples.
    Dionysius of Halicarnassus (c. 54-c. 7 B.C.), Ars Rhetorica, XI, 2