(urth) Father Inire: teratoid

DAVID STOCKHOFF dstockhoff at verizon.net
Tue Dec 14 08:08:05 PST 2010

That's not far off from my thought, but of course you have to know the numerology to "get" it.
The meaning of a monster sign could not be more simple: don't come in here unless you want to risk being eaten. House servants appreciated this, I'm sure. Any association with Hethor comes from the fact that mirrors can be used to summon monsters, as Hethor did.
But there is always the possibility that in the First Empire people still---perhaps even especially, if birth rates were a problem---cared about causing monstrous births. Who knows what occupational hazards regular use of a mirror might cause.