(urth) Father Inire: teratoid

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 14 07:15:27 PST 2010

>David Stockhoff- I take the glyph as a joke, a parody of our "ionizing radiation" symbol. Our civilization
>posts those; Inire's posts "Monsters" signs. Their  technology is perhaps more blatantly dangerous than ours.

Ah! Yes, I've seen this interpretation of the teratoid sign before. Might be something to it. My gut feeling is
that it is based on an error though. A "teratogen" is an agent which can disrupt fetal development and create
"monsters". Since radiation is one teratogen I can see the how the meaning of "teratoid" could become improperly
associated with radiation instead of your basic "monster".

Perhaps I'm being too literal here and should join in with David on the Wolfean joke. But for me, the glyph is in
an alien "language". Who is it supposed to warn of danger? Barbatus getting lost in the Secret House?
For some reason David continues to dance away from what I see as the clear association here: If mirrors connect to
monsters then Father Inire connects to Hethor.

>Son o' Witz- So, of course I'm trying to figure out what this teratoid symbol LOOKS like.

Heh, me too. I found one which might satify David's (and others') sense of resembling the radiation symbol and my
sense of Father Inire's true nature:

http://ubuntusatanic.org/wallpapers/SE-666.jpg