(urth) Faterh Inire Theory cont.

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Mon Dec 13 19:59:51 PST 2010

I forgot about that!

Not only that, but Wolfe makes it quite clear, over many chapters, that
this is the case, even if the ship part may only be a small part of the
Tower. I believe Severian even refers to ports or portholes. You'd think
a clue like "compartments" would be dropped if we were supposed to think
the same of the antechamber.

Anything hitting the ground hard enough to bury itself would no longer
function, and the whole idea of the House is that it is entirely
invisible from above ground, and presumably from the air as well. It has
no towers.